Tricks for the disabled persons to access public and private places
Nowadays, in some buildings, there are some fittings besides steps called ramps. It is an inclined plane fitting above the steps, designed for people with disabilities to walk easily, patients to carry heavy weight easily and smoothly. It helps them to navigate easily in the areas of different heights. People can fix this in a permanent, semi-permanent, and portable style, and they are available in various materials like wood, iron rods, aluminum, etc. The rampe handicapé helps persons with disabilities to move freely and reach the destination place effortlessly.
Characteristics of ramps
- It should have slope features for easy fitting with the buildings. The lower slope for public places facilitates more frequent movements, and this helps to get to know about the surroundings.
- They protect the edges with handles to prevent slipping. The material to build the ramp has an anti-slip texture to prevent slipping.
- After the slope, the landing area is in the square which facilitates the standing of the wheelchair, and this feature is present in both the bottom and the top of the ramps.
- There is an emergency call button that helps persons with disabilities during emergency situations, and to identify their presence in the crowd.
Benefits of the ramps
- The manufacturers design these handrails with the help of health professional’s advice and help their clients to meet daily activities sufficiently for day-to-day living.
- The height of the ramps up to the door level is the term threshold, which caters to the movement more easily.
- The slip-resistant feature helps to avoid any obstacles in the path.
- Adjustable models are available, which helps to put the disabled person to the places easily and fit it according to the levels.
- During the transportation process, this also helps to get into the vehicle conveniently.
- It is an ideal resolution to enhance the mobility of disabled people to minimize the risk of injuries and accidents.
- Apart from helping with mobility, it also adds beauty and gives more appeal to the building, and increases the worth of your home. It increases the resale value of the home because of its facilities.
- Easy installation features help to fit these accessories in almost all buildings nowadays, and they promote the activities of the people, which helps to make them stress-free.
- It helps the disabled person by avoiding the dependence of somebody to move from one place to another and makes the home environment simpler and smarter.
- Provide better mobility for the disabled in public and private places.
There are different ramp models available and before buying it, you need to understand the right choice as per the requirement, build, and price. The major trending ramp varieties are:
- Threshold ramps: Sitting at the doorsteps makes disabled people so comfortable.
- Folding ramps: This is for personal use, and you can take them anywhere you move.
- Suitcase type: It is portable and easier to hold during transport.
- Modular ramps: They are heavier handrails and people can adjust their height and the assembling and reassembling procedures are easy for everyone.
Most ramp varieties are semi-permanent, and they mostly make it using aluminum, and they make permanent types using wood or concrete, and they build it on the building sites.